Monday, October 8, 2007

Brett Favre: Another Record

As a Vikings fan it was not easy for me to watch a Packer break the record for most all-time touchdown passes; especially in the Metrodome, but that's exactly what happened. However, I received a gift this Sunday.

I was at my Packer-backer friend's house to watch the Sunday night game between Greenbay and Chicago. I wore my new Vikings 28 jersey. The first half of the game was painful; the Packers dominated going up 17 to 7 at the break. The second half went better. Chicago's stifling defense remembered how to stifle and their much maligned defense became less maligned. The Bears took the lead late 27 to 20 on a beautiful play-action pass to Desmond Clark. But their was 2 minutes left and the golden-child had a chance to score. With the game on the line Brett Favre did what Brett Favre does better than anyone who has ever played the game. He threw an interception on the last play to lose the game. Move over George Blanda, Brett Favre is taking your record.

Brett Favre: Career Interceptions: 277 and counting.

No comments: