Sunday, November 18, 2007

It all came crumbling down

At the beginning of the Vikings' season, I stated repeatedly that I didn't care how many games we won or lost, in fact I was hoping for a bad record to get a good draft pick, but the one thing that could ruin the season for me was an injury to Adrian Peterson. Well, the year started off great. As you know from my previous entry, Peterson was on his way to an unprecedented rookie season. Then came week 10 against the hated Green Bay Packers. The game was horrendous. The Packers' defense held Peterson in check all day, that is up until the third quarter when veteran Packers' defensive back Al Harris made a clean, albeit low, tackle on Peterson that left our favorite running back rolling on the field. At first sight it looked bad, really bad. Peterson was seen dragging himself on the ground with his legs limp behind him. My first thought was, "that's it, he blew out his knee and will never be the same again." Luckily while he does have a ligament tear in his knee it is apparently not that serious and he could even return later this season. At least this should lead to more losses and a better draft pick.

No comments: